photograph by Mike Morant
|BR Standard Class 2 2-6-0s, commonly know as "Mickey Mouse" engines, were built at Darlington and were direct descendants of the Ivatt 46400 moguls built by the LMS from 1946. 78038 hauled the middle leg (Shepperton - Epsom Downs - Caterham via a very convoluted route) of the LCGB's "Surrey Wanderer" tour on 5 July 1964, the swansong for the M7 class. Nº78038 had been suitably spruced up for this rare visit to Southern Metals and is seen approaching Waddon Marsh Halt from the Wimbledon direction. The line to the left went to Croydon 'B' generating station.|
|BR Standard Class 3 2-6-0 77014, one of a class of only 20
that was normally only seen on the North Eastern and Scottish Regions, was
transferred to the Southern Region during the final months of steam. It is seen
here at Datchet, on the Windsor Riverside branch, on the LCGB South Western
Suburban Railtour on 5 February 1967.
photograph by Keith Harwood
|Another photograph of Nº77014 whilst calling at a rather
wet Guildford station.
photograph: Mike Morant collection
All photographs are copyright
return to picture gallery page
This page was last updated 8 July 2020