SREmG
 

Please be aware of our copyright notice. If you have a good reaon for using a photo from this site ask permission from first - it is frequently given.

Wroxall

Wroxall station, opened when the Isle of Wight Railway extended from Shanklin to Ventnor in 1866, had two platforms, a passing loop and a 280 ft siding. The station closed in 1966 when the line to Ventnor was cut back to Shanklin.

 

Wroxall

An overall view of Wroxall station.

photograph by Ron Hersey

 

Wroxall

he main platform building at Wroxall.....

photograph by Richard Neal

 

Wroxall

..... and the loop platform shelter at Wroxall.

photograph by Richard Neal

 

Wroxall

The view of the station along the tracks showing the footbridge and a swan-neck lamp post.

photograph by Keith Harwood

 

Wroxall

Momentary activity as a Ryde-bound train interrupts the station’s tranquility! There was a siding on the main platform side of the station, which can just be made out through the arch of the road bridge.

photograph by Keith Harwood

 

Wroxall

Class O2 NºW17 Seaview with set 496 in the platform at Wroxall.

photograph by Ron Hersey

 

Wroxall

A train on Whitely Bank, between Shanklin and Wroxall.

photograph by Richard Neal

 

Wroxall

02 Class Nº22 and train at Wroxall on the last day of service, 17th April 1966.

photograph by Ray Soper

This page was last updated 22 January 2003

Index to IoW pages

SR Target